The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in northwestern Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.
Why United Kingdom?
Given Nepal’s historic links with the UK, this destination has retained its attractiveness over the years for Nepali students. There are several reasons to choose the UK for your further studies. UK is home to institutions like Oxford and Cambridge and hundreds of others that showcase the kind of academic excellence that is conspicuous by its absence in most European nations. In addition, the holistic exposure one gains on a UK campus is the very best of its kind and the long term prospects after you earn a UK degree are immense.
WORLD CLASS QUALIFICATIONS
- The international alumni from UK institutions includes many leading politicians, thinkers and business people who have had an important influence on the world such as Bill Clinton (former President of the USA), Wole Soyinka (Nobel prizewinning author) and Imran Khan (cricket legend and politician).
- The sheer variety of specialisations means finding a course that suits your real interests, your ambitions and passions.
MODERN LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- Employers want employees who can think effectively, creatively and independently.
- UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject.
- Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.
QUALITY OF EDUCATION
- The education system provides facilities such as international students societies, planned social activities, academic support, personal tutors to each student, academic and professional counsellors resulting in the lowest drop out rates.
- Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world.
- Encourages relevant skills that are marketable and sought by today’s employers.
- Realisation of earning potentials sooner.
- Numerous scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
- Almost free health care by National Health Service.
- Student discount facilities provided through National Union of Students.
- Vast choice of institutions, academic areas and subjects.
- Flexible programs.
- Diverse & stable social environment.
- Cosmopolitan place to live.
- Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
- Tolerant, stable society where students learn and interact with diverse range of people.
- Compared to other educational destinations shorter duration programs.
- Undergraduate – 3 years, Postgraduate – 1 year.
GATEWAY TO EUROPE
- As a student in UK, you have the opportunity to work in or travel to and experience Europe as all major European Economies are within short distance with easy and affordable connectivity.
Please do contact the Kathmandu Office for further enquiries.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 /4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree. Edwise counsellors can attest these for you, on sighting the originals.
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
- Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extra curricular activities).
- 65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
70 – 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
- Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
- 60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
- Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st degree GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 by many Universities for Management Programs if required.
- Full time work experience of at least 2-4 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University.
- All MBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years above work experience and an age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.
September / October few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.